What can we do with the content that you post?
Use, host or store it in SmartCityCoin.io services and content. Copy, change or translate it, or make things inspired by it. We will only edit your news related content where necessary. Read about how we use your news related comments and creations here. Use it with our tools for making creations or remixing content.
Some of our services – feature tools for playing around with our content, writing your own code, and making things like games and visualisations.
- Put your creations on display to inspire other people.
- Invite others to use your creation to make their own creation
Which means we can review, edit, remove or decide not to display it. And, if it breaks any laws, we can refer it to the police and other authorities.
And we can use your creations:
- Anywhere in the world
- In any medium (for example TV, the internet, radio)
- For as long as we want – even if you stop using our services
And anyone we work with can do those things too. For example, if you send an image to SmartCityCoin.io, we could share a news item featuring that image with a foreign broadcaster, who’d then be able to do all the things above.
Some other things we will and won’t do:
- We may let other people use your creation. And sometimes we might let them edit it or make things inspired by it
- We won’t pay you for it
- We hope to use it. But we can’t guarantee it
- We usually show your name alongside whatever you post. But we can’t guarantee it
- We might contact you to check you’ve got permission to use any music, images, clips or text in whatever you post
There might be other terms
Sometimes uploading a creation to our services means using a tool provided by someone other than the SmartCityCoin.io. For example you can use WhatsApp to share your stories and eyewitness accounts with SmartCityCoin.io News.
Sometimes the provider’s terms and conditions apply to using their tool. Do read their terms (which you can search for online) as they tell you what the provider can do with your creation when you use their tool.
A note about your “Moral Rights”
When you upload something, you give up your moral rights to it. That means we can use it without identifying you as the creator.
We can also edit or change it without your permission. And you won’t have the right to say we’ve treated it in a “derogatory” way.